Tuesday, February 19, 2013

neglected again

SORRY!!

I don't mean to always get on a blogging spree and then stop! But things have been highly uneventful here, which is really good.

I guess the only highlight was my knee situation so here's what happened yesterday.

I had a good idea as to what bus I needed to take to get all the way up to sports med, which is about 2.5/3 miles off of campus. I had never taken that route before so I was definitely going to leave earlier than expected! I decided to take the 8:30a bus to get to my appt before 10a. So I was like okay, that should give me plenty of time. BOY, WAS I RIGHT! I got to sports med at 8:40!!! So I just stayed on the bus for another loop because that was wayyy to early for me to go sit in a waiting room.

So I got there the second time about 9:30a which was fine. So I got there, got all checked in and took my survey stuff on the computer. They do the electronic version of the annoying questions about family history, which was kinda cool but it felt like a test and I felt like I shouldn't contact my mommy for the answers. :)

But I learned that sports med is always ahead! I saw the doctor right at 10:15, and that was after x-rays, blood pressure, and the doctor's assistant's exam! woohooo!

I ended up NOT tearing or ripping anything, which is good I guess, but it sucks because I have been doing treatments for that aka wearing a leg immobilizer for the last month and a half!!!!! UGH. The new diagnosis is called Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, a syndrome where your muscles and bones get out of sync with each other, causing a lot of pain, locking, and giving out of my knee. For treatment, I have to head out to sports med x2 a week or every 10 days (depending on my progress) for physical therapy, which will make it better. The only way to totally get rid of it is to keep working at it everyday to keep my muscles strengthened and healthy.

So that's about all that's new. Better get back to paying attention in health class! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment